top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

As we try to keep our phone lines clear for patients needing urgent appointments please direct non-urgent queries to 


How can I order my repeat prescription? 


Requests for repeat prescriptions must be filled out at the following link  and will be processed within 24-48 hours. Please request your repeat prescription here at least 2 days before your current prescription runs outs. 


I need to make an appointment with my Doctor...


Please email for all non-urgent appointment requests. For urgent appointments please call 045 486633. Our reception staff are trained to triage the volume of daily requests for urgent appointments. Please help our receptionists to help you by providing sufficient details to allow them to triage and prioritise your request appropriately. 


I would like to get my bloods done...


Your GP must request a blood test. Please email stating your name and date of birth and which bloods you want checked and we will follow up with an appointment. 


I received a text inviting me to attend for a Chronic Disease Management check appointment. What’s this about? 


You will likely have had a record of symptoms or a condition that qualifies for free regular proactive checks with your nurse or GP - eg asthma, atrial fibrillation, hypertension, COPD, ischaemic heart disease. Please note bloods done as part of this Programme are FREE. For more information see Chronic disease management programme -

I need an antibiotic but I don't want to speak to the doctor.


You need to speak with a doctor if you think you need an antibiotic. Please email with your request. 



I need a referral to a consultant. 


Please email for an appointment with your GP/s to arrange referral. 



I need to renew my driver's licence.


You will need to make an appointment with the doctor who fills out your driver's licence renewal form. The fee for driving license renewal is €65. Please email for an appointment. Click here to download the form and bring it to your appointment. 



I need my jury form filled out.


Drop the form into the post box at reception where you can also pay the relevant fee. Email after 5 working days to ensure it is complete and ready for collection. 



I need to be signed off work or receive a social welfare cert.


If you need to be signed off work or receive social welfare certs you will need to speak with your doctor. Please contact for appointment.



I want a sick cert but I don't want to speak to a doctor.


We cannot sign people off sick at reception, this must be done by the doctor. We can often offer same day appointments, please email or call 045 486633.



Can I get a minor injuries/A&E referral form without speaking to the doctor?


We are unable to do referrals for minor injuries/A&E at reception, this must be done by speaking with the doctor. Please contact or call us on 045 486633 for an appointment.



Can I get my receipts printed off for the last four years?


Unfortunately, due to the immense workload on clinic staff we cannot meet requests for reprinting large numbers of receipts or for receipts over a protracted period at a time. We ask that you collect receipts on the day. We endeavour to meet requests for receipts within one month.



Should I send my child to school with a cold?


You must speak with the doctor on symptoms of COVID-19. See more information on our COVID-19 page.



I want my blood results, hospital reports etc. without speaking to the doctor.


You must first speak with a doctor on any results that we have received. Please contact us for an appointment.



Do you accept new patients at your clinic?


We have a waiting list for patient registration. Please fill out all details of the registration form and email to We will contact you as soon as a place becomes available. Click here to go to the registration form now.

bottom of page